Skip to main content

“Be still and Know that He is God”

Today’s news
Voices In My Head.

Ok I’m not crazy here, but there are very three distinct voices in my mind/head on a regular basis.  Our world especially this scientific culture that I live in would say there is something wrong with my brain.  I have heard these voices very distinct voices as far back in my life as 2 years old.  My voice, God’s voice, and the one that lies, the one that says I don’t measure up.  The one that says I need this that or the other to be happy or fulfilled.  

I haven’t always understood the distinction between the voices, the reason for that is sometimes the voices sound like three or fifty voices blaring in my head at the top of their lungs screaming for my attenchen the loud ones are usually the lies it is in those times that it becomes very hard to distinguish the three voices.  My voice gets confused.  

Here is the thing though, and I am not writing this from a I know it all perspective, because I don’t! I am also not writing this saying that this is the only way God speaks because, He is God and He choses to speak the way He choses to speak.  I am only writing, that this, is how I have consistently experienced a very constant present God.  His voice in my head has been very often in the quiet, in the times where I am still physically. It has been when I stopped speaking when I have stopped dwelling on this that or the other.  Instead I heard God speak clearly when I stood quiet in his word, the times I have stood quiet among worshiping believing brothers and sisters in Christ.  When I have spent the day in a heart of thanks to Him with worship that was silent but bursting out of my mind and heart.  

“The Lord said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"”            - 1 Kings 19:11-13

Very often God has spoken to me in the whisper in fact pretty much all the time.  I think it has something to do with Him wanting me to stop, to consider, to be still and know that He is God.  So I am able to clearly hear Him say I am the first the last the beginning and the end. So I can clearly hear Him remind me that he is my provider savor God and King and He want’s me to trust in Him in all circumstances!!!! 

In the whisper he says, you are not enough, but stop focusing on that! stop focusing on your failings,because it’s selfish and I want your full attention! Put your gaze here on my Son because I have given Him so you can focus on Me! not yourself and your not messurisng upness. 

“The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah Come and see the works of the Lord, the desolations he has brought on the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah”          - Psalm 46:7-10

I think the Psalmist says writes an interesting thing here about God.  God brings desolations and He stops wars He breaks bows and shatters spears he burns the shields with fire, it’s pretty loud and booming present God and yet the writer seems to understand that despite all this stuff that God is very loudly saying, because he does use big things to say things, God still has told him to “be still and know that I am God.” I tend to think that this be still and know that I am God is a very clear reminder that these wars have not been won by anyone else but God of Gods and King of Kings.  So be still and remember who He is! 

Over and over again in my life, I hear God most when I am making a point to stop and be still, making a point to stop and remember Him! The more He helps me to do this, the clearer His voice becomes in my head. Soon His voice is the loudest and soon His voice drowns out the lie voice and my own voice.  


We are his! We can trust Him and we can live in Him,and not in the lie of fear, or our own in perfection.  Let’s meet with Him in the quiet and he will meet with us in the crazy! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome come on in make yourself at home.

I’m Starting something New!

This sin cursed world isn’t it!

Today’s news This is all I have today and sums up my thoughts lately.  1 Peter 1:1-25  Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,  who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade---kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.  In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your