Skip to main content

His Glorious Physical Creation

Today’s news
Our Interrupting Physical World 

It’s another Monday and what happens when our set aside time for God is interrupted by the physical things of this world?
God meets us where we are and is concerned with our physical life and it is not separate from our spiritual life! If we are a people who have Believed in God son, we should not ignore the physical needs, our own or others.
 Have you ever noticed that Jesus Christ while he was here always met the physical needs first and than addressed the spiritual needs? I noted that a few years ago, as I was doing a comparison study of Jesus Christ in the four gospels.  God for his Glory’s sake is concerned with the physical part of our spiritual life.
I am able to know this for certain, because of Jesus Christ,
 “ Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death---even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
Philippians 2: 6-11
Why did God have to come into this physical world to save us, I’m guessing, that he didn’t have to.  I think the scriptures seem to say that God chose to do it that way.  I for one think that if our God came down here to our very physical present situation, to physically save us, through his very physical painful death on the cross that He our God must think it pretty important, pretty valuable. But why wouldn’t he?
He created our physical world he crafted it he wove it together intricate detail by intricate detail, His creation is so amazing and wonderful and we are the part of His creation that he called very good.  His Physical creation speaks of His Glory!!!! 
When we create or make or craft something, aren’t we proud of it especially when it is good, and than when it’s very good, we really want to make sure nothing happens to it.  That is just a pin dot of an example of how God must see, value his physical creation! His world that He made.  This distracting physical world, even the one we have messed up is valuable to Him! 
So comes the challenge of being here in his amazing physical world that is cursed by our ugly sin.  
I think some times the answer is to set aside those physical things and only pay attention to the Spiritual part of things. If that were the answer to my distraction problems, God would have done it another way, but he did not! 
The unseen spiritual world, the one that God for His Glory has also made , is part of our physical world , and , we who belong to Him , are the ones He has given sight to see, through Christ Jesus. 
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.  Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.”
Ephesians 6:10-20
I think this blog post is a little here and there but the point is this, we can approach our physical world with avoidance and fear, or we can approach it with confidence, confidence that comes with our sight set on our spiritual and physical God! 
 “ Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”
1 Timothy 6:12 
And once again I am reminded of this, by Him:
“ Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.”
Romans 8:1-2 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! =0)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome come on in make yourself at home.

I’m Starting something New!

“Be still and Know that He is God”

Today’s news Voices In My Head. Ok I’m not crazy here, but there are very three distinct voices in my mind/head on a regular basis.  Our world especially this scientific culture that I live in would say there is something wrong with my brain.  I have heard these voices very distinct voices as far back in my life as 2 years old.  My voice, God’s voice, and the one that lies, the one that says I don’t measure up.  The one that says I need this that or the other to be happy or fulfilled.   I haven’t always understood the distinction between the voices, the reason for that is sometimes the voices sound like three or fifty voices blaring in my head at the top of their lungs screaming for my attenchen the loud ones are usually the lies it is in those times that it becomes very hard to distinguish the three voices.  My voice gets confused.   Here is the thing though, and I am not writing this from a I know it all perspective, because I don’t! I am also not writing this saying t

This sin cursed world isn’t it!

Today’s news This is all I have today and sums up my thoughts lately.  1 Peter 1:1-25  Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,  who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade---kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.  In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your