Skip to main content

It’s About Listening.

Today’s news
First things first!
It’s Monday morning, the beginning of the work week. It’s another start to something.  Our life is full of starts and finishes. We start a new week, we start a new weekend, we start a new day, we start a new pot of coffee =0), we start a new load of laundry and so on and so forth. With all these starts there are a whole lot of opportunities to add a conversation, a prayer to our God. 
I love this idea, in all the starts of each day, that I would acknowledge Him and lift a prayer or remember something He has said in His word. Or, in that moment of start I could worship Him or thank Him. I’m going to challenge myself with this, and I’m going to challenge all of you to the same, and remember there are always new places to start this challenge. 
A nourished life is one that starts by putting ones self into a position to listen to what our God and Creator has to say.  And, we are able to stand before our holy righteous God because of His Son, who was both God and Man.  Jesus Christ became sin for us on the Cross. He shed his own blood and broke his own body that we may stand before a Just God. So that we may have a deep intimate relationship with Him. And He wants us to have a deep intimate relationship with Him! So I start by believing in His Son Jesus Christ and His Grace for me. From there I daily begin with a time of listening to Him! 
It’s hard, to put our mind to understanding, we have life through grace. It’s hard to not live in fear. How many times a day do we chose to live in fear, instead of love those around us? When someone is difficult to love, fear rises up in me and causes me to high tail it out of there. Fear keeps me from having the difficult conversations, it keeps me from making an effort with others, it keeps me from just being with others in the mess of life. 
Most of all fear doesn’t trust, it doesn’t give our fears to our God, who is able and has already taken care of all we fear! God’s perfect Love, helps cast out all fear.  I pray for all those I know and myself, I pray we would not live in fear, in Jesus Christ I lift this prayer! Today! 
Now, start the day, hold Him close, hold his word close, as we walk through this day, and in it come over and over to him in a steady prayerful conversation.
He is with us always, he promised in his word, “God has said, “ Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.””
  -Hebrews 13:5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome come on in make yourself at home.

I’m Starting something New!

“Be still and Know that He is God”

Today’s news Voices In My Head. Ok I’m not crazy here, but there are very three distinct voices in my mind/head on a regular basis.  Our world especially this scientific culture that I live in would say there is something wrong with my brain.  I have heard these voices very distinct voices as far back in my life as 2 years old.  My voice, God’s voice, and the one that lies, the one that says I don’t measure up.  The one that says I need this that or the other to be happy or fulfilled.   I haven’t always understood the distinction between the voices, the reason for that is sometimes the voices sound like three or fifty voices blaring in my head at the top of their lungs screaming for my attenchen the loud ones are usually the lies it is in those times that it becomes very hard to distinguish the three voices.  My voice gets confused.   Here is the thing though, and I am not writing this from a I know it all perspective, because I don’t! I am also not writing this saying t

This sin cursed world isn’t it!

Today’s news This is all I have today and sums up my thoughts lately.  1 Peter 1:1-25  Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia,  who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade---kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.  In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your